What's new

Welcome to the GSA Community!

This is the Official User Community for GE's GeoSpatial Analysis products. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our Community.
Registration is currently only allowed with a personalized invitation code, which you might have received previously. If you haven't got one:
please get in touch with your GE contact person or your regional moderator(s): see FAQ.

SignUp Now!

GSA 5.2.11 "Do Loop" within Analysis ("dynamic" Join?)

Björn Schaefer

Confirmed GSA Customer
Hi there

Maybe there is an easier way by doing the following step by step:

I have a given AnalyticObject Table like this:
1655358346441.png
This AO contains some columns with Numbers (Auftragsnummer Strom, Gas, Wasser, Wasser öffentlich), representing ERP Order Numbers (in our case kVASY,)

What I want to do now is:

For each AO row shown above I'd like to search the ERP Table "Auftraege" with those given Numbers to sum up booked costs onto those Order Numbers . As you can see, not every row has all columns filled, so sometimes it would be necessary to aggragate a single Ordernumber, sometimes I would have to to this up to 4 times.

I know, that I may build a construct with a single Join onto "Auftragsnummer Strom", which results in another AO Object. Using the new AO, create a new Join with Auftragsnummer GAS, and so on.

Is there any possibility to do something like this more dynamic?

thanks in advance for your time :)

markvanderhurk

Spatial Eye - Moderator
Staff member
Confirmed GSA Customer
Hi Björn,

I don't have a solution within GSA directly (although there might be, maybe some of my colleagues know) but I might have an option as a workaround. What kind of feature source are you using for this? If it is a kind of database access, you might build your query (giving you intermediate results) in SQL and use the result as a source table in GSA.

Cheers, Mark

Björn Schaefer

Confirmed GSA Customer
Hi Mark
Yes, the requested Datasource is a database (oracle). Unfortunately, I'm no SQL Coder.... but:

Rethinking that problem some times, I found an easy way to solve this:
there can be more than one condition for that desired join, so i added some OR Statements
1655985313975.png

Sometimes solutions are way to simple :)