What's new

Welcome to the GSA Community!

This is the Official User Community for GE's GeoSpatial Analysis products. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our Community.
Registration is currently only allowed with a personalized invitation code, which you might have received previously. If you haven't got one:
please get in touch with your GE contact person or your regional moderator(s): see FAQ.

SignUp Now!

GSA 5.2.8. Pro, finding cables within roads

Björn Schaefer

Confirmed GSA Customer
Hi there.

I have to find cables interacting with roads and need to sum up those cable - length in general or within a given area (like village or town)

Given sources are:
  1. the cables with a curve geometry
  2. the roads with a centreline, classified by attribute "Widmung" into "Kreisstraße", "Landesstraße" and/or "Bundesstraße"
  3. optional the areas (town / village / ...)
For the different classes of Roads I have to generate buffers:
  • Kreisstraßen.centreline.buffer = 7,5m
  • Landesstraßen.centreline.buffer = 9,5m
  • Bundesstraßen.centreline.buffer = 10,5m
as far as I know, there is no other option, as to split the roads - source into 3 different Buffer-Objects, output-filtered by "Widmung" like this:

1641280061852.png

1641280358895.png

this leads to 3 different types of areas, an example is shown below (with two types aof roads and a relevant cable)

1641280286819.png

For sum up the cablelength interacting those 3 buffer-types, I'm forced to do a triple action (verlauf interacting buffer 1, 2 and 3) and after that, there's the need to re-unite those intersections by using a calculated field.

Is there any possibility, to do something like this smarter???

Thanks in advance