What's new

Welcome to the GSA Community!

This is the Official User Community for GE's GeoSpatial Analysis products. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our Community.
Registration is currently only allowed with a personalized invitation code, which you might have received previously. If you haven't got one:
please get in touch with your GE contact person or your regional moderator(s): see FAQ.

SignUp Now!

GSA Server 5.3.2 How to use WFS via 3rd Party Application

Björn Schaefer

Confirmed GSA Customer
Hi All

I'm using GSA Server 5.3.2 (since a few days) with (hopefully correct) licenced wfs/wms services. Get capabilities works so far, but im not sure about, how to use such a wfs Service via third party Apps... (I do have no expieriences with wfs services so far)

An example: GSA knows a GIS based business Object called NSP Hausanschluss.
I'd like to enable a 3rd party App to make a wfs request, if there is an Object from type NSP Hausanschluss at a given adress

1695276473233.png

the wfs request (capabilities) delivers the following information:
1695277444576.png
but I have unfortunately no Idea, how to tell the 3rd Party App - Admin, how to make a well formatted request to GSA WFS Service

May anybody give me an example, how to do this?

Another Question is about service authetification: wfs Service is configured like this:
1695277203291.png
but how do I may set up a (System)User without an valid email adress, so that 3rd Party app may use this credentails and how to use the credentials within the wfs request

thx in advance for your support

Attachments

• 1695276783623.png
    1695276783623.png
    63.9 KB · Views: 3

besario.ednest

Confirmed GSA Customer
Hi All

I'm using GSA Server 5.3.2 (since a few days) with (hopefully correct) licenced wfs/wms services. Get capabilities works so far, but im not sure about, how to use such a wfs Service via third party Apps... (I do have no expieriences with wfs services so far)

An example: GSA knows a GIS based business Object called NSP Hausanschluss.
I'd like to enable a 3rd party App to make a wfs request, if there is an Object from type NSP Hausanschluss at a given adress

View attachment 556

the wfs request (capabilities) delivers the following information:
View attachment 560
but I have unfortunately no Idea, how to tell the 3rd Party App - Admin, how to make a well formatted request to GSA WFS Service

May anybody give me an example, how to do this?

Another Question is about service authetification: wfs Service is configured like this:
View attachment 559
but how do I may set up a (System)User without an valid email adress, so that 3rd Party app may use this credentails and how to use the credentials within the wfs request

thx in advance for your support
Following on this.
Currently using GSA Server's wms services by adding it as a Feature source in GSA Ultimate.
I tried to add it as Service Provider to another GSA Server but It seems like GSA Server couldn't fetch its data.
Try to request :
<domain>:<port>/wms?request=GetMap&service=WMS&version=1.3.0&layers=<layer name>&transparent=true&styles=<style>&crs=<crs or srs>&bbox=<Bounding Box>&width=<width>&height=<height>&format=image/png
I was able to fetch the data when accessing it through a browser though.
-Ednest

Björn Schaefer

Confirmed GSA Customer
Following on this.
Currently using GSA Server's wms services by adding it as a Feature source in GSA Ultimate.
I tried to add it as Service Provider to another GSA Server but It seems like GSA Server couldn't fetch its data.
Try to request :
<domain>:<port>/wms?request=GetMap&service=WMS&version=1.3.0&layers=<layer name>&transparent=true&styles=<style>&crs=<crs or srs>&bbox=<Bounding Box>&width=<width>&height=<height>&format=image/png
I was able to fetch the data when accessing it through a browser though.
-Ednest
This is an example for wms, but i need to know, how to set up this for wfs. My expatiation to wfs is, that I may get a response, is there any "Nsp Hausanschluss" at the adress xyz. I Dont need a map (wms) at that moment within that 3rd party app

(we do not use GSA Ultimate)