What's new

Welcome to the GSA Community!

This is the Official User Community for GE's GeoSpatial Analysis products. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our Community.
Registration is currently only allowed with a personalized invitation code, which you might have received previously. If you haven't got one:
please get in touch with your GE contact person or your regional moderator(s): see FAQ.

SignUp Now!

How to use Multi Document on GeoNote

yosuke.takahashi

Confirmed GSA Customer
1604913845897.png
1604913871436.png
1604913410518.png
1604913549688.png

Product: GSA Pro 5.2.5, GSA Lite 5.2.5

Hello, I am configuring GeoNote for field inspection.
I can configure the Document field type and attach one picture in GeoNote. And I can attach one picture in GSA Lite and store the picture to the database.

I would like to attach multiple photos on GeoNote(attach required).
But when I configure the Multiple Document field to attach multiple photos same as one Document field, GeoNote's document fields won't work on GSA Pro.

Also on GSA Lite, I can attach one picture in the Multiple Document field on GeoNote and save it, but the picture isn't stored in the database.
How can I use Multi Document on GeoNote?

Regards,
Yosuke

markvanderhurk

Spatial Eye - Moderator
Staff member
Confirmed GSA Customer
Hi Yosuke,
There are two things that I see in your description that might need some attention, but I can't see with certainty what could cause this issue. Maybe with these suggestions you can find it. What is the storage option you have chosen for the GeoNote (Geonotes DB, or is it stored inside a database like MSSQL or Postgis?)
- I see a difference between the multi document field name in the editor (写真) and in the GSA interface (it is named photo1). Is it the same GeoNote definition?
- When you tried to attach the single document in GSA Lite, did you restart GSA Server before you tried that? And does the log file of the server show you any clues?
Best regards,
Mark

yosuke.takahashi

Confirmed GSA Customer
Thank you for the quick reply. I tried another example for a simple explanation.

Software version: GSA Pro 5.2.5, GSA Server 5.2.5

2020-11-10 09_41_49-Window.png
This is my GeoNote's definition.

2020-11-10 09_41_57-Window.png
I use GeoPackage for the database. Also, I use PostGIS, but the problem still happens.

2020-11-10 09_43_34-Window.png
It's Business Collection's definition.

2020-11-10 09_44_55-Window.png
I can attach one image to the Photo(Document) field on GSA Pro, but the Photos(Multi Document) field isn't editable.

I save the project and restart GSA Server.

1604969704626.png
I can attach one photo to the Photo field(Document field) on GSA Lite.

1604969778363.png
I can attach one photo to Photos(Multi Document) field.

1604969851899.png
I can't attach multiple photos to the Photos(Multi Document) field.

1604969920522.png
When I save the GeoNote, the memo is stored to DB, but the Photos' image isn't stored to DB.

No error is recorded to the server log and the browser's developer console.

How can I use the Multi Document field on GeoNote?

Regards,
Yosuke

Last edited:

markvanderhurk

Spatial Eye - Moderator
Staff member
Confirmed GSA Customer
Hi Yosuke,

Thank you for your very extended description, great work!

I have checked with our software developers about this topic. Regarding the storage of multiple documents using GSA Desktop products: I have been told that this is a known limitation. In a future version of GSA Desktop products, it is foreseen to be able to add multiple documents through Desktop, for now you can add multiple documents in Lite and view them in Desktop as well as in Lite.

Seeing your configuration regarding the Lite error: as far as I can see your configuration is correct and should work. Maybe it is an unknown or unregistered issue. The best way to go forward is to log a ticket for this through your contact person at GE, so it will be investigated further. I will send an e-mail with instructions.

Best regards,
Mark

yosuke.takahashi

Confirmed GSA Customer
Hi Mark,

Thank you.
I see that there are limitations in GSA Desktop about multiple documents.
I will contact GE regarding this problem.

Regards,
Yosuke