What's new

Welcome to the GSA Community!

This is the Official User Community for GE's GeoSpatial Analysis products. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our Community.
Registration is currently only allowed with a personalized invitation code, which you might have received previously. If you haven't got one:
please get in touch with your GE contact person or your regional moderator(s): see FAQ.

SignUp Now!

Possibilities of Recursive analysis?

PeerBittner

Confirmed GSA Customer
Hi,

Currently I'm using GSA 5.2.5 Pro and I am looking for a solution to the following problem:

I am looking for a possibility to filter and display three-wire line sections ("3x *", e.g. "3x120Cu") which are "embedded" by "non-three-wire line sections" ("3x1x *", e.g. . "3x1x185Al"). Sorry for my lack of technical terms - no Asset Manager here ;)

I've identified two different cases:

I have already solved case 1. These are individual line sections of the "3x *" type, which are connected by two transition sleeves (see screenshot "case1").

The second case involves a sequence of line sections of the "3x *" type (see screenshot "case2"). I am now certain that these cases have to be run through recursively in order to identify whether they are embedded or not.

Is this possible with the GSA? Unfortunately, I don't have much experience with network tracking yet.

If there are any other approaches, I would be very grateful if they were shared :sneaky::giggle:

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Peer

Attachments

• case1.png
    case1.png
    96.1 KB · Views: 13
  • case2.png
    case2.png
    129.5 KB · Views: 12

markvanderhurk

Spatial Eye - Moderator
Staff member
Confirmed GSA Customer
Hi Peer,
We get what you are trying to achieve, the explanation and examples are clear!
@Joery Korobejnik and I have tried to think of an approach but couldn't find any, Joery has asked around to get some input from the development team on this. I'll ask him to reply his findings.
Cheers, Mark

PeerBittner

Confirmed GSA Customer
Hi guys,

thank you for getting back to me so quickly!
I am curious if there is a solution for this problem. Anyhow, I wanted to mention that time is really not of the essence - just making some "inqueries" for a future project.

Thanks again for the effort.
Have a great weekend!

Regards,
Peer

Joery Korobejnik

Moderator - Spatial Eye
Confirmed GSA Customer
Hi Peer,

Thank you for adding the remark about timing, it gives us the opportunity to further investigate this and see what can be done. It is a common questions and a nice use case to be able to solve in GSA.

At the moment this is not possible from the user interface point of view as the reclusiveness is not available in the product., but our engineering team is looking in to ways of solving this. I will keep you posted about the results.

Kind regards,

Joery