What's new

Welcome to the GSA Community!

This is the Official User Community for GE's GeoSpatial Analysis products. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our Community.
Registration is currently only allowed with a personalized invitation code, which you might have received previously. If you haven't got one:
please get in touch with your GE contact person or your regional moderator(s): see FAQ.

SignUp Now!

Remove duplicate from concatenation

AlexSek

Confirmed GSA Customer
Hi all,
Maybe it is a stupid question by I can't understand how to use distinct option for ConcatSet Function. Could you explain with a sample how to use this parameter? My case is elementary, I have (sample based on SW EO database) Circuit business collections (BC) and a set of Segments connected to the Circuit (1:n) And I am trying to get field with concatenated values of all Owner Name field from all segments without duplication.
distinctValue​
Comparable​
Yes​
""​
The value that determines the duplicate behavior; only one element of the candidates with this distinctValue will be considered.​
It would be good to see more examples for functions with a detailed description in the documentation.
More complex question, how to meet such requirement: Same Circuit BC connected to the Pole BC (1:n). Poles BC have field "Number". I have Circuit with 10 poles which have such sequence of values in Number field (1,2,3,6,8,34,35,37,38,39), and we need to do special type of concatenation with such result - (1-3, 6-8, 34-39)

Frank Pistorius

Spatial Eye
Confirmed GSA Customer
Hi Alex,

There indeed aren't many examples in the documentation in the area of aggregate functions.

The distinct parameter can be any expression. Whenever this expression yields a value that was encountered before, the aggregate value will be skipped. There is a basic example in the documentation in the Aggregate Functions section.

The second part is a bit more tricky and is not something that can be achieved with one of the aggregate functions available in GeoSpatial Analysis. In case you need support for this behaviour, I suggest putting in an enhancement request via your support channel.

Regards,

Frank