What's new

Welcome to the GSA Community!

This is the Official User Community for GE's GeoSpatial Analysis products. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our Community.
Registration is currently only allowed with a personalized invitation code, which you might have received previously. If you haven't got one:
please get in touch with your GE contact person or your regional moderator(s): see FAQ.

SignUp Now!

Using BO within Analytics (5.3.0 Pro)

Björn Schaefer

Confirmed GSA Customer
Hi all!

I'm not quite sure, if this is a question for "how to use" or if it is more kind of "how to configure", so feel free, to move this thread, if needed.

I'd like to know, if there is an usage of Business Objekts within analytics (analytic objects) and if so, which analytics would be affected by changing / editing this BO.
Is there any Information given by GSA Pro about that?

Marcel Heijmans

Confirmed GSA Customer
Hi Björn,
Since BA's are dependent on BO's, changes in BO will definitely affect the BA.
Could you please explain your question a bit more?

Björn Schaefer

Confirmed GSA Customer
Hi Björn,
Since BA's are dependent on BO's, changes in BO will definitely affect the BA.
Could you please explain your question a bit more?
I'll try :)
Changing a BO might be neccessary from time to time (Adding fields / joins or something like this) or it is forced by changes within the datasources.

In that case, I want to have a quick overview, where this changed BO is used (which Analysis will be affected)

An Example: There is a change on the BO "Building", because datsources datamodel has changed. Buildings are often used within several analysis.
What i Want to see is, how much / which analysis will be affected, so I may check up, if this BO-Change is relevant for that analysis (or not)

Marcel Heijmans

Confirmed GSA Customer
Hi Björn,
I am currently following up with the engineering team, From what I understand, at the moment this is not possible through the client, but from some scripts it might be, although I do not believe that this is an effective solution for the long run.
I shall reply the moment I know more.
Thank you for your patience.

Björn Schaefer

Confirmed GSA Customer
Hi Björn,
I am currently following up with the engineering team, From what I understand, at the moment this is not possible through the client, but from some scripts it might be, although I do not believe that this is an effective solution for the long run.
I shall reply the moment I know more.
Thank you for your patience.
perhaps you may discuss, to adapt this function shown onto an AO:
1672665557702.png