What's new

Welcome to the GSA Community!

This is the Official User Community for GE's GeoSpatial Analysis products. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our Community.
Registration is currently only allowed with a personalized invitation code, which you might have received previously. If you haven't got one:
please get in touch with your GE contact person or your regional moderator(s): see FAQ.

SignUp Now!

BO: Special characters in Field label

PeerBittner

Confirmed GSA Customer
Hello guys,

I have a quick question regarding field labeling in Business Objects. Before version 5.2.11 it was possible to use special characters (see screenshot 1, Version 5.2.7). With version 5.2.11 this doesn't seem to be possible anymore.
Screenshot 2 (Version 5.2.11) shows the label I want to enter ("Test > Test / Object") . As soon as you press Enter, all special characters are removed from the field label (see screenshot 3, Version 5.2.11). In addition, all German umlauts (ä, ö, ü) are no longer visible.

Is that an intentional change?

Cheers, Peer

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    5.8 KB · Views: 14
  • 2.png
    2.png
    19.9 KB · Views: 14
  • 3.png
    3.png
    19.7 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

Frank Pistorius

Spatial Eye
Confirmed GSA Customer
Hi Peer,

There were indeed some restrictions introduced with respect to allowed characters in collections' external names.
Over the last couple of GSA releases, these restrictions were loosened again.

The upcoming GSA 5.3.1 release will have the next set of allowed characters for external names.

Character in External Name
Characters A-z
Digits 0-9
Other Allowed Characters
First character of external name
V​
!@#$&()[]{}
Other characters in external name
V​
V​
!@#$&()[]{}_.-+*~?%<>/

In case you are still missing characters in the allowed set, I suggest logging this with your support team.

Regards,

Frank Pistorius

PeerBittner

Confirmed GSA Customer
Hi Frank,

thank you so much for the reply! :) It sounds like version 5.3.1 will solve the problem.

But it still amazes me that it worked with Version 5.2.7 an prior versions.

Cheers,
Peer

gijsbertnoordam

Spatial Eye - Moderator
Staff member
Confirmed GSA Customer
Hello Peer,

More than likely, the 5.3.1 release Frank is referring to above, is now available as release 5.3.0.4. Please feel invited to download and check that release to validate whether your issue is resolved.

FYI: The GE orchestrated 5.3.1 release, which will include a new release of the GSA products is now tentatively scheduled to be made available just before Christmas.

Cheers,

Gijsbert