What's new

Welcome to the GSA Community!

This is the Official User Community for GE's GeoSpatial Analysis products. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our Community.
Registration is currently only allowed with a personalized invitation code, which you might have received previously. If you haven't got one:
please get in touch with your GE contact person or your regional moderator(s): see FAQ.

SignUp Now!

GeoRSS Examples

David Haddock

Confirmed GSA Customer
I had an old project which used the BGS Earthquake GeoRSS feed but it is not working anymore as the feed source has changed. The new feed is at https://earthquakes.bgs.ac.uk/feeds/MhSeismology.xml but when I try to use that I get the error "Cannot determine feed type".
This is just for a training exercise so any other working GeoRSS would be fine.

David Haddock

Confirmed GSA Customer
Thanks. The only one that works for me is the Victoria one. Maybe it is something to do with my new machine. I am using GSA5.3.2.

Frank Pistorius

Spatial Eye
Confirmed GSA Customer
Hi David,

You could try to open the links directly in a browser window. The result should be a readable (XML) file.

In case this does work and it is not possible to add the exact same RSS feed in GSA, I suggest looking at the trace logger (Ctrl-T) to see if there are any error messages in there.

Regards,

Frank