What's new

Welcome to the GSA Community!

This is the Official User Community for GE's GeoSpatial Analysis products. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our Community.
Registration is currently only allowed with a personalized invitation code, which you might have received previously. If you haven't got one:
please get in touch with your GE contact person or your regional moderator(s): see FAQ.

SignUp Now!

GSA 5.2.7. How to optimize businessobjects (emtpy columns, empty tables)

Björn Schaefer

Confirmed GSA Customer
Hi all :)

if there is a datasource with complex tables (like CRM Systems ...), than it is not really usefull, to create all businessobjects at once, while connecting the datasource.
when the datasource is connected, I may choose relevant tables to create businessobjects

But wich table is relevant ? ;-) First of all, I would like to find out, wich tables are empty (no data included) or full of data...

Is there any supporting function, to do something like this in one step? Most of DB datasources I connected in the past, do have plenty of empty tables and it would be very helpfull to use this Information (empty or not) for setting up a propper BO-model.

the same question follows one layer deeper...
If there are found tables worth to connect as businessobject, those may also have plenty of empty columns, so it would be usefull too, to eleminate those empty coumns...

thanks in advance!

Joery Korobejnik

Moderator - Spatial Eye
Confirmed GSA Customer
Hi Björn,

We have a statistical AddIn feature source that can be used for this purpose. What version of GSA are you using, I can upload the relevant AddIn that you can add to the folder to enable this.

1625571513747.png

Kind regards,

Joery Korobejnik

Joery Korobejnik

Moderator - Spatial Eye
Confirmed GSA Customer
Hi Björn,

Please download the attached .dll and place it in your AddIns directory. After restart of the application you should have a new custom Feature source available in the Add Feature Source Menu. When it is added to your project you will have multiple queries available to perform the counts (Business will give you all Business Collections and Source will give you all the tables from the feature source).

1625814393444.png

Kind Regards,

Joery Korobejnik

Attachments

• StatisticsFeatureSource.zip
    35.7 KB · Views: 6

Björn Schaefer

Confirmed GSA Customer
hmm, maybe I'm blind a little bit ... may you tell me the name of the connector, that should appear here?
1625824522540.png
1625824550529.png

thanks a lot in advance...